For lovers of sweet and savory combos, this sandwich checks off all the boxes. Raisin-studded cinnamon bread is balanced by sharp Gouda cheese, fresh arugula, and crunchy tart apples.
- ½ small Granny Smith apple
- 2 oz piece Gouda
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- ½ cup arugula
- Very thinly slice the apple. Coarsely grate the Gouda.
- Spread the mayonnaise on 1 side of each bread slice. Arrange bread mayonnaise-sides down. Divide arugula, then apple slices between 2 pieces of bread. Top apple with Gouda and other 2 slices of bread, mayonnaise-sides out.
- Heat a nonstick 12-inch skillet on medium-low. Add the sandwiches to pan and cook 3–4 min. per side, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- February 2019