Winter squash purée and garlic meld into an easy pasta sauce that’s brimming with iron and vitamin C. Spicy sausage jazzes up the dish.
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen cooked squash
- 1 (19 oz) pkg frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 links spicy Italian sausage
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Microwave the squash according to package directions.
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid. Remove the casings from the sausage.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick 12-inch skillet on medium-high and cook sausage 5 min., stirring and breaking up with back of wooden spoon.
- Add the garlic and cook 2 min., stirring often. Add the squash and reserved cooking liquid. Cook 2 min. Remove from heat.
- To skillet, add cooked tortellini and fold in gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Finely chop the basil and use as garnish.
- S2 2019
- take 5
- Calories 389kcal 19%
- Fat 18.6g 29%
- Saturated fat 6.2g 31%
- Carbs 42.0g 14%
- Sodium 622mg 26%
- 2.4g sugar
- 2.3g fiber
- 14.2g protein
- 49mg cholesterol