Creamy coconut milk, tangy lime, and fragrant lemongrass cause a flavor explosion in this Southeast Asian-inspired soup. Chewy noodles make it hearty enough for dinner.
- ½ small red onion
- 1 (0.25 oz) pkg fresh lemongrass
- 3 (3 oz) packets ramen
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz) container sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Dice the red onion. With meat mallet or rolling pin, smash the lemongrass. Remove the ramen noodles from the packet, discarding the flavor packets.
- In a large saucepot, heat the oil on medium-high. Add onion. Cook 6–8 min., until tender, stirring often. Stir in the broth, lemongrass, mushrooms, fish sauce, and chicken.
- Heat to a boil on high. Add the noodles and cook 2–5 min., until just al dente. Stir in the coconut milk and lime juice. Remove from heat. Discard lemongrass. Divide noodles and soup among serving bowls.
Garnish with cilantro for a pop of freshness.
- S2 2019
- Calories 540kcal 27%
- Fat 30.3g 47%
- Saturated fat 15.0g 75%
- Carbs 12.0g 4%
- Sodium 620mg 26%
- 5.0g sugar
- 1.0g fiber
- 40.0g protein
- 90mg cholesterol