No need to fry these rolled chicken tacos. Let your oven do the heavy lifting to get the tortillas extra-crispy.
- Cooking spray
- ½ rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 ¼ cups mild or spicy salsa verde, divided
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat foil with the cooking spray.
- Remove and discard any skin and bones from the chicken and shred the meat. Toss with the cheese and ¾ cup salsa. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap the tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave 30 sec.–1 min., until warm and pliable. Place a spoonful of chicken mixture down the center of 1 tortilla. Roll up tightly and place seam-side down on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Generously coat taquitos with cooking spray. Bake 20 min., until golden brown and crispy. Serve with remaining ½ cup salsa on the side.
Garnish with cilantro.
- May 2019
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- Guiding Stars
- 5 ingredients