Making your own dumplings is easier than it sounds. Gather friends and family to help with the folding and frying of these ginger-scented chicken dumplings.
- 5 cups packed chopped Napa cabbage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (½ - inch) piece fresh ginger
- 1 bunch green onions
- 12 oz ground chicken
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 (12 oz) pkgs wonton wraps
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- In a food processor, in batches, pulse the cabbage until very finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and mix in the salt. Let stand 15 min., then drain through fine-mesh sieve, pressing firmly to remove excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the ginger. Finely chop the green onions.
- Return cabbage mixture to large bowl and add green onions, chicken, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir or knead until very well mixed.
- With kitchen shears, trim ¼ inch off corners of wonton wraps. Place under damp paper towels to prevent drying out. Place 2 tsp filling in center of wrap and dampen edges with water. Fold dough over to form half-circle and pinch edges tightly to seal. Pleat edges as desired. Cover with damp paper towels to prevent drying out. Repeat with remaining filling and wraps.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium until hot. Add as many dumplings to pan as will fit without touching. Cook 3–5 min., until bottoms are deep golden brown. Add ¼ cup water to skillet and cover. Cook 3–4 min., until skins are translucent. Uncover (careful, some splattering may occur) and transfer dumplings to plate. Serve warm. Wipe out skillet with paper towel and repeat cooking with remaining dumplings, adding more oil as needed.
- S4 2019
- Calories 391kcal 20%
- Fat 11.7g 18%
- Saturated fat 2.3g 11%
- Carbs 53.7g 18%
- Sodium 921mg 38%
- 1.2g sugar
- 3.2g fiber
- 17.5g protein
- 44mg cholesterol