This make-ahead casserole combines all your favorite breakfast foods–bagels! cream cheese! eggs!–in one bite.
- Cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 everything bagels, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 2 green onions
- Coat a 2½-qt baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Add bagels and toss until well coated. Transfer mixture to greased baking dish.
- Dot bits of cream cheese all over top of bagels. Sprinkle with the cheese blend. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake casserole, covered, 25 min. Uncover and bake another 15–20 min., until cheese has melted and casserole is golden brown around edges.
- Let casserole stand 5 min. before serving. Thinly slice the green onions and sprinkle over casserole before serving.
Day-old bagels and breads work best for casseroles like this. Their drier texture helps absorb the egg custard, making for a fluffier finished dish.
- S7 2019
- Good Morning
- Calories 379kcal 19%
- Fat 21.0g 32%
- Saturated fat 10.4g 52%
- Carbs 28.6g 10%
- Sodium 700mg 29%
- 7.7g sugar
- 1.1g fiber
- 20.9g protein
- 297mg cholesterol