Bottled salad dressing provides a shortcut to big flavor fast. Try tucking these skewers into a hunk of crusty Italian bread and removing the stick for an insta-sandwich.
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 10 tbsp Nature's Promise Organic Italian Dressing, divided
- 1 ½ lbs peeled, deveined jumbo shrimp, tails removed
- Metal or soaked bamoo skewers
- Thinly slice the chicken breast on an angle and place in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add 4 tbsp Italian dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours before threading onto skewers; discard marinade in bowl.
- Place the shrimp in another bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add 3 tbsp Italian dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour before threading onto skewers; discard marinade in bowl.
- Meanwhile, set half of the grill to medium and half to medium-high.
- Place chicken skewers on the cooler side of the grill. Grill 6–8 min. per side, until cooked through, brushing occasionally with 2 tbsp Italian dressing.
- Place shrimp skewers on the hotter side of grill. Grill 2–3 min. per side, until cooked through, brushing with remaining 1 tbsp Italian dressing.
Serve these with a trio of sauces for guests to drizzle on themselves, like honey mustard, spicy Buffalo sauce, or chimichurri.
- 3 ingredient
- June 2019