These seared pork chops are paired with sweet apple and butternut squash for a dish that hints at fall, which is right around the corner.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Free from Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 (14 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Organic Butternut Squash
- 2 tbsp butter, cut up
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 Gala or Empire apple
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook 3 min. per side, until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, to a microwave-safe bowl, add the butternut squash, butter, ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, and 2 tbsp water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 4–5 min., until tender. Stir to combine.
- While pork and squash cook, thinly slice the apple.
- Add the apple and 2 tbsp water to empty skillet. Season with salt. Cover and cook 2 min., stirring once.
- In a small bowl, stir the maple syrup and remaining 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice together and add to skillet. Add pork chops and spoon apples on top. Cook 1–2 min., until pork chops are cooked through and register 145°F on a meat thermometer . Serve pork chops and apples with butternut squash.
Garnish with parsley for a pop of fresh herb flavor.
- Fifteen Minutes
- Guiding Stars
- September 2019
- 15 Minutes
- Calories 344kcal 17%
- Fat 16.0g 25%
- Saturated fat 6.0g 30%
- Carbs 25.0g 8%
- Sodium 78mg 3%
- 13.0g sugar
- 3.0g fiber
- 27.0g protein
- 87mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?