A golden, buttery crust gives way to melty cheese, smoky ham, and scrambled eggs for the perfect satisfying breakfast.
- 7 large eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 (17.65 oz) box frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 4 slices 2% white American cheese singles
- 3 oz thinly sliced lower-sodium deli ham
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt the butter on medium. Add all but 1 tbsp of beaten egg and cook 5–7 min., until set, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, unfold the pastry sheets and roll each into an approximate 12-inch square. Cut each sheet into 8 rectangles. Top 8 of the rectangles with the cheese and ham, tearing slices to fit on rectangles and leaving ½-inch borders. Spoon eggs on top. Place remaining 8 rectangles on top and firmly press and pinch edges to seal. Arrange on lined baking sheet and brush with reserved beaten egg.
- Bake pastries 20 min., until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Serve immediately or cool completely and wrap individually in plastic before freezing. To reheat, unwrap frozen pastries and bake at 400° for 12-15 min., until heated through.
Unwrap frozen pastries and bake in 400°F oven for 12–15 min., until heated through.
- From Freezer to Table Cookbook
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- September 2019
- 5 ingredients