This weeknight wonder basically cooks itself. Even better, the pasta absorbs more flavor while simmering in the sauce for the ultimate win-win.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 ¾ cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz spaghetti, broken in half
- 3 cups packed chopped kale
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil and bacon on medium. Cook 10 min., until browned, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a plate. Add the garlic and cook 1 min., stirring often.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, water, and salt. Heat to a boil on high. Add the spaghetti and chopped kale to boiling liquid, submerging pasta completely. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain simmer. Cover and cook 10 min., until pasta is al dente.
- Stir in the Parmesan and bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the parsley.
- September 2022
- September 2019