The scent of warm spices and brown sugar in this sweet, but not too sweet, quick bread is the perfect way to kick off baking season.
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup gluten-free confectioners' sugar
- 1- 2 tbsp reduced-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin purée, eggs, oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until very smooth. Stir flour mixture into wet mixture until combined. Transfer to prepared pan, smoothing top with spatula. Bake 40–45 min., until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 min. Loosen edges with a mini icing spatula. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack. When cake is cool, in a medium bowl, stir together the confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Let stand until glaze sets.
This recipe is
- October 2019
- gluten free