The gentle and consistent heat of a slow cooker is just the thing for making the creamiest cheesecakes, free from cracks.
- Cooking spray
- 8 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 10 tbsp sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 (6 oz) pkg fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Coat the inside of a 6-inch springform pan with the cooking spray. Tightly wrap bottom and sides of pan with 2 layers of foil. Add enough water to a large slow cooker to come up ½ inch. Add a small wire rack (or shape and coil a large piece of foil to create a ½-inch-high rack).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cookies and butter. Add to pan and press to form even layer.
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and 8 tbsp (½ cup) sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt until combined. Pour over cookie crust. Place pan into slow cooker.
- Arrange 3 layers of paper towels over slow cooker bowl and secure with lid. Cook on high 2 hours. Turn heat off and let stand 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the blueberries with the lemon juice and remaining 2 tbsp sugar. With fork, mash some of berries. Remove cheesecake from slow cooker and refrigerate at least 1 hour. To serve, remove foil and side of pan. Top with blueberry mixture.
Run a small paring knife under hot water, dry, and then use to loosen sides of pan before releasing springform.
- Slow Cooker
- Savory October 2019
- Calories 317kcal 16%
- Fat 18.8g 29%
- Saturated fat 10.4g 52%
- Carbs 33.7g 11%
- Sodium 262mg 11%
- 26.3g sugar
- 0.9g fiber
- 4.3g protein
- 80mg cholesterol