A wide array of flavors and textures mix and mingle in this salad, which works well for lunch or dinner.
- 1 (14 oz) pkg Nature's Promise ® Organic Butternut Squash Chunks
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ small red onion
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 (5 oz) pkg Nature's Promise ® Organic Baby Arugula
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 (4 oz) log goat cheese with herbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut the butternut squash chunks into smaller pieces.
On a foil-lined baking sheet, toss squash with 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast squash 20–25 min., until tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the red onion. In a large bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, Dijon, and remaining 3 tbsp oil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To vinaigrette, add the arugula, red onion, pecans, and squash. Toss until combined. Divide among 4 plates. To serve, crumble the goat cheese on top of salad.
- In Season
- October 2019
- Guiding Stars