Macaroni and cheese gets even more kid-friendly with a crunchy cheese-cracker topping that hides all the veggies tucked inside.
- 1 (14 oz) box deluxe macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower and broccoli, thawed
- 1 ½ cups cheese crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil on high heat. Prepare the mac and cheese according to package directions. Remove pot from heat.
- To the pot with mac and cheese, add the peas, corn, and riced cauliflower and broccoli. Stir to combine. Season with pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to an 8x8-inch greased baking dish. Add cheese crackers to a plastic bag, seal, and crush into crumbs. Sprinkle over mac and cheese and bake 10 min., until veggies are heated through.
- November 2019
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- Take 5: Five Ingredient Recipes Cookbook
- 5 ingredients