Sweet and tangy from the cranberry, smoky and savory from the bacon, this four-ingredient appetizer has it all.
- 1 (17.3 oz) pkg frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- ⅔ cup smooth cranberry sauce
- 6 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet. Spread with half of cranberry sauce, leaving 1 inch empty around edge. Sprinkle half the bacon and green onions on top. Season with pepper. Roll up tightly, pressing on seam to seal. With serrated knife, cut into ½-inch-thick slices, reshaping into circles if necessary. Arrange on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 12–15 min., until golden brown. Serve warm.
To serve 4: Halve ingredient amounts.
To serve 16: Increase ingredient amounts to 1½ pkgs puff pastry, 1 cup cranberry sauce, 9 slices bacon, and 3 green onions. Use 2 large baking sheets.
Garnish with additional green onions, if desired.
- 4 ingredient
- November 2019