This creamy soup is a breeze to whip up thanks to already-prepped butternut squash and store-bought broth.
- 2 medium onions
- 2 large stalks celery
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 (20 oz) pkgs cubed butternut squash
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 (32 oz) containers Nature's Promise ® Organic Vegetable Broth
- ½ cup half & half
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Chop the onions and celery. Thinly slice the carrots.
- In a 6- to 7-qt pot, heat the oil on medium. Add onions and celery. Season with salt. Cook 8–10 min., until almost tender, stirring often.
- Add carrots and the butternut squash. Cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Add the wine. Heat to a simmer and simmer 2–3 min., until slightly reduced.
- Add the broth. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 20–25 min., until carrots and squash are very tender.
- Remove soup from heat. With immersion blender or in batches in regular blender, purée soup until smooth. When ready to serve, heat purée on medium and whisk in the half & half. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide among bowls. Garnish with the chives.
To serve 4: Halve ingredient amounts. Use 3- or 4-qt pot.
To serve 16: Double ingredient amounts. Use 9- or 10-qt pot.
UPGRADE: Stir together a bit of sour cream and half & half until slightly runny. Swirl into each bowl of soup before adding chives.
- November 2019
- Calories 198kcal 10%
- Fat 8.8g 14%
- Saturated fat 2.1g 10%
- Carbs 26.4g 9%
- Sodium 964mg 40%
- 8.2g sugar
- 4.3g fiber
- 2.5g protein
- 6mg cholesterol