Juicy bacon does double duty in this Thanksgiving showstopper by keeping the lean turkey meat moist and delivering a crispy outer layer.
- 1 large sage leaf
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 (about 1.5 lbs) Nature's Promise Split Turkey Breast
- 5 -7 slices bacon
- 8 (12-inch-long) strands butcher's twine
- 2 cups prepared gravy
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange a rack inside a small roasting pan or baking sheet. Finely chop the sage, parsley, and thyme. Add to a small bowl with the butter. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove skin from the turkey breast and trim away any bones. Brush the turkey all over with herb butter.
- Arrange turkey breast smooth-side up and line the bacon slices on top to cover breast, overlapping edges of slices slightly and tucking ends underneath.
- Tie turkey breast with the butcher’s twine, spacing each piece about ½ inch apart. Arrange on rack in roasting pan, smooth-side up. Roast 1 hour, until a thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 165°F. Remove from oven and let stand 15 min. before carving. Serve with the gravy.
Jazz up store-bought gravy by stirring in chopped herbs like parsley or chives, or add a squeeze of lemon juice and some grated zest for a hit of fresh flavor.
- November 2019
- Calories 579kcal 29%
- Fat 39.3g 61%
- Saturated fat 14.6g 73%
- Carbs 6.4g 2%
- Sodium 1069mg 45%
- 0.3g sugar
- 0.6g fiber
- 47.7g protein
- 161mg cholesterol