Dairy-, nut-, egg-, and gluten-free, this delectable tart will satisfy all the chocoholics at your holiday table.
- 2 cups coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup Nature's Promise Organic Refined Coconut Oil, chilled
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 2 ½ cups vegan semisweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a food processor, pulse together the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and salt 2–3 times to combine. Add the coconut oil and pulse 5–6 times, until dough forms pea-sized pieces. Add the maple syrup, pulsing until dough holds together.
- Press the dough into a greased 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Freeze 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake crust 10–12 min., until dough is no longer shiny. Cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut milk on medium-low. Remove from heat as soon as it bubbles. Stir in the chocolate and let stand 10 min. Stir until completely melted. Stir in the extract. Pour into the tart crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Crust can be made and baked up to 2 days in advance. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- November 2019
- Calories 570kcal 29%
- Fat 43.2g 66%
- Saturated fat 31.6g 158%
- Carbs 40.0g 13%
- Sodium 152mg 6%
- 17.9g sugar
- 12.7g fiber
- 7.6g protein
- 1mg cholesterol