Top off this white chocolate version of your favorite wintertime beverage with your preferred holiday-themed sprinkles and candies.
- 4 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 (10 oz) pkg white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
To Garnish (optional):
- Holiday marshmallows
- Caramel sauce
- Crushed candy canes or mini candy canes
- Red sprinkles
- Green sprinkles
- In a medium heavy-duty pot, combine the milk, cream, sugar, and salt. Heat on medium-high just until simmering (do not allow to boil). Remove from heat.
- Immediately whisk in white chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth and milk is frothy. Ladle hot chocolate into 4 mugs.
- Top each mug with whipped cream. If desired, top with candy or sprinkles.
To crush candy canes, add to a resealable bag, press out air, and close. Use a rolling pin to break candy into small bits.
- December 2019