Low-carb shirataki noodles take a spin in an Asian-style sauce with greens and steak in this one-skillet meal.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg shirataki spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¾ lb flank steak
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ (10 oz) pkg matchstick (shredded) carrots
- 1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Add shirataki noodles to a colander and rinse under cold water for 1–2 min. Drain well. Let stand, draining.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Thinly slice the steak into bite-size pieces.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the canola oil on medium-high. Add steak. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 3–4 min., until browned, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer beef to a plate. To skillet, add the carrots. Cook 4–5 min., until tender, stirring constantly.
- Add the spinach in batches to skillet, stirring until wilted. Add steak, shirataki noodles, and soy sauce mixture. Cook 1 min., stirring often. Stir in the green onions and serve.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- January 2020
- guiding star
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free