This lightened-up piccata features meatballs in a citrus-caper sauce over a bed of spinach and penne.
- 12 oz whole grain penne
- 1 (1 lb) pkg Nature's Promise® Ground Chicken Breast
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ (8 oz) bag spinach
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Nature's Promise® Organic Capers, drained
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the penne according to package directions, reserving ¼ cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, bread crumbs, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Roll and shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add the meatballs and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat under skillet to medium and add remaining 1 tbsp oil. Stir in the spinach in batches until wilted. Stir in the lemon juice and capers. Season with salt. Add the meatballs. Cover skillet and cook 5–6 min., until meatballs are cooked through. Stir in reserved cooking water. Spoon meatballs and spinach over penne.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- January 2020
- Lactose Free