This cheesy pie gets a N’awlins spin when topped with spicy andouille sausage and bell peppers.
- 1 (16 oz) ball pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 links andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat pizza stone or large cookie sheet in 450°F oven. Meanwhile, let the pizza dough stand at room temperature until soft and pliable.
- Stretch and roll out dough to 11- to 12-inch circle. Place on a large sheet of parchment. Top with the sauce, cheese, sausage, peppers, and green onions, leaving 1-inch rim. Brush rim with the olive oil.
- Using parchment, carefully transfer pizza onto preheated pizza stone or pan, leaving pizza on parchment. Bake 15–17 min., until golden brown on bottom.
To keep things mess-free, pull the pizza onto a large cutting board or other flat surface using the parchment, then open the oven and pull the parchment to place the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- February March 2020
- Egg Free
- Slam Dunk Bites Cookbook