Mint, chives, and parsley are whirled into a walnut-based pesto and tossed with pasta and tomatoes for a fast dinner the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- ½ (0.75 oz) pkg fresh chives, cut into 1-inch lengths
- ½ cup packed fresh mint
- 1 large clove garlic, cut into quarters
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the walnuts on medium 3–4 min., until browned in spots, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts, parsley, chives, mint, and garlic until very finely chopped, scraping down with a spatula occasionally. Gradually pulse in the oil until well incorporated. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Into herb pesto, stir the Parmesan and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Halve the grape tomatoes and add to bowl. Add the cooked pasta and toss until well combined, adding reserved cooking water if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with additional Parmesan, if desired.
This recipe is
- April 2020
- guiding star
- Egg Free