Gluten-free cornflakes make for a crunchy and addictive coating for pan-fried chicken.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups gluten-free cornflakes
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup fine cornmeal
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (5 oz) bag arugula
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored and cut into batons
- 1 lemon
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to create 2 thinner cutlets for a total of 4 pieces. Cover each with plastic and gently pound to ½-inch thickness. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the cornflakes in a resealable bag and smash until finely crushed. Transfer to a wide dish. Stir in the Parmesan and cornmeal. In another dish, beat the eggs. Season eggs with salt.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg then cornflake mixture, pressing to coat on all sides.
- In a nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat ¼ cup oil on medium-high. In batches, add the chicken and cook 3–4 min. per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel-lined platter. Season with salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula, radishes, and green apple. Squeeze juice from lemon over salad. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well combined. Serve alongside chicken.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- May 2020
- gluten free
- guiding star
- Wheat Free