Firm and mild-flavored cod simmers in aromatic coconut milk for a quick and healthy seafood dinner.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 serrano chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 (13.5 oz) can Nature's Promise Organic Coconut Milk
- 4 cod fillets (about 1 ½ lbs total)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the onion. Season with salt. Cook 6–8 min., stirring occasionally, until golden. Add the garlic and chilies. Cook 2 min., stirring often.
- To skillet, add the coconut milk and ¼ cup water. Heat to a boil on high. Season the cod all over with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 5–6 min., until cod is cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the lime juice. To serve, garnish with the cilantro.
Serve over rice.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- May 2020
- gluten free
- guiding star
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free