To turn this vegan stir-fry brimming with veggies and mushrooms into a 10-minute recipe, serve with precooked, packaged rice.
- 1 ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 12 oz shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch lengths on an angle. Quarter the shiitake mushroom caps. Thinly slice the green onions.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add green onions, asparagus, and mushrooms. Cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, and rice vinegar. Cook 2 min.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and 1 tbsp cold water until smooth. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cook 2 min., until liquid thickens, stirring often. Serve with rice.
For extra nutty flavor, garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- May 2020
- guiding star
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free