The perfect centerpiece for your July 4th buffet, this flag-inspired appetizer is loaded with flavor courtesy of pickled peppers, caramelized garlic, and sharp Cheddar.
- 8 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup sliced pickled jalapenos, drained
- 4 oz extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 (32 oz) container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips, plus more for dipping
- ½ cup blue tortilla chips, plus more for dipping
- carrot sticks and celery sticks, for dipping
- To an 8-inch skillet, add the garlic and oil. Cook on medium-low 5 min., until golden brown, stirring often. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the jalapeños until very finely chopped. Add the Cheddar, cream cheese, and yogurt. Pulse to combine, stopping and scraping side of bowl occasionally. Pulse in garlic oil. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer dip to a rectangular dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Arrange the pepper strips in rows across dip. Pile the chips in the upper left-hand corner. Serve with additional chips and vegetables on the side for dipping.
This recipe is
- June 2020
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Egg Free