Store-bought Italian dressing is a great shortcut for juicy chicken. Using it to marinate both the chicken and the vegetables keeps things streamlined.
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 (16 oz) bottle Italian dressing
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a gallon-size resealable bag, combine the chicken with half of the Italian dressing
(about 1 cup). Seal bag, pressing out excess air. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 5 hours. In another resealable bag, combine the eggplant slices and half of remaining dressing (about ½ cup).
- Set grill to medium-high. Grill chicken 15–20 min. per side over indirect heat, until cooked through (165°F on an instant read thermometer). Sear on direct heat 2–3 min. per side, until chicken is golden brown and skin is crispy. Meanwhile, grill the eggplant 4–5 min. per side, until very tender.
- Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper. Stack the eggplant slices with the tomato slices and serve alongside chicken and remaining unused Italian dressing.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- July/Aug 2020
- guiding star
- Wheat Free