Kale and mushroom soup bring earthy flavor to this comforting pasta dinner that hits the table in just 30 minutes.
- 12 oz rotini
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 sweet or spicy Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen chopped kale, thawed
- 1 (10.5 oz) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the rotini according to package directions. Reserve ¾ cup cooking water before draining.
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the sausage. Season with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook 7–8 min., until browned, stirring and breaking up meat with back of spoon.
- To skillet, add the kale. Cook 1 min. Add the soup and reserved pasta cooking water. Cook 3–5 min., until hot, stirring often. Add the rotini and stir to combine.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- Egg Free