Plant-based ground “meat” is transformed into a vegetarian version of meatball and pepper subs that are sure to satisfy. Serve for dinner or as game-day food.
- 1 (26 oz) jar Nature's Promise Organic Pasta Sauce
- 3 large bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (16 oz) pkg plant-based ground meat for burgers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread, cut into quarters and lightly toasted
- In a 4- to 5-qt slow cooker bowl, combine the pasta sauce, peppers, garlic powder, and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- To a medium bowl, add the plant-based meat, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix just until just combined. Form into 1½-inch meatballs.
- To slow cooker, add meatballs and spoon sauce on top. Cover with lid and cook on low 6–8 hours, until meatballs are fully cooked. Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve meatballs, peppers, and sauce on the bread.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- Calories 327kcal 16%
- Fat 12.4g 19%
- Saturated fat 2.7g 13%
- Carbs 31.2g 10%
- Sodium 1088mg 45%
- 10.4g sugar
- 8.7g fiber
- 22.7g protein
- 31mg cholesterol