Fast-seared tuna and quick-cooking couscous come together into a satisfying 15-minute grain bowl.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Nature's Promise frozen Ahi Tuna Steaks, thawed
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ (5 oz) pkg spring salad mix
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a medium pot, heat the water to a boil on high. Season with salt and stir in the couscous. Cover pot and remove from heat. Let sit 5 min.
- Meanwhile, in a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Season the tuna with salt and pepper. Add tuna to pan and cook 2–3 min. per side, until desired doneness.
- Into a small bowl, squeeze 3 tbsp juice from the orange. Whisk in the soy sauce, vinegar, and remaining 3 tbsp oil. Season with pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice tuna. Divide couscous among 4 bowls. Top with tuna, spring mix, and avocado. Drizzle vinaigrette over each bowl.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- Nut Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- 15 Minutes
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free