Make this stunning cake, rich with citrus and nuts, your next holiday masterpiece.
- ¾ cup shelled, roasted salted pistachios
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor, pulse the pistachios, sugar, and salt until finely chopped but not pasty. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- To medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and whisk to combine. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, oil, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
- Add flour mixture to milk mixture and whisk until just combined. Generously brush insides and tube of a medium Bundt pan with some oil. Sprinkle flour in pan to coat insides thoroughly. Tap out any excess. Immediately pour batter into prepared pan. Smooth top. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 min., until a toothpick inserted into the deepest part comes out clean.
- Place cake in pan on wire rack. With an icing spatula or butter knife, loosen edges of cake from pan, including tube. Cool cake on wire rack exactly 10 min., then invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely. To serve, sift the confectioners’ sugar on top, if desired.
Instead of plain confectioners’ sugar, coat the cake with a glaze. Stir together 1 cup confectioners’ sugar and 4–5 tbsp lemon or orange liqueur until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Let stand until glaze sets. Garnish with finely chopped pistachios.
This recipe is
- December 2020
- Calories 488kcal 24%
- Fat 26.5g 41%
- Saturated fat 4.4g 22%
- Carbs 57.5g 19%
- Sodium 408mg 17%
- 37.4g sugar
- 1.2g fiber
- 6.4g protein
- 53mg cholesterol