Cajun seasoning and shrimp add loads of flavor and textural contrast to this crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- olive oil spray
- 8 oz frozen raw peeled, deveined shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 ¼ cups panko bread crumbs, divided
- 4 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard, divided
- 7 tbsp mayonnaise, divided
- 1 lemon
- 1 (8 oz) container claw crab meat, drained and picked over
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange a wire rack in a large sheet pan. Spray wire rack with the olive oil spray.
- In a food processor, pulse the shrimp and green onions until very finely chopped and somewhat pasty, stopping and scraping bowl occasionally. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- To bowl, add the Cajun seasoning, ½ cup panko bread crumbs, 1 tbsp Dijon, and 3 tbsp mayonnaise. Grate all zest from the lemon into bowl. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Add the crab and gently fold to combine.
- Place remaining ¾ cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish. With mini cookie scoop, form crab mixture into 1-inch-wide cakes. Press tops and bottoms of cakes into bread crumbs and arrange on wire rack. Coat tops of crab cakes with olive oil spray. Bake 15–20 min., until golden brown.
- While crab cakes bake, stir together remaining 3 tbsp Dijon and 4 tbsp mayonnaise. Squeeze in 1 tbsp juice from ½ lemon. Season with pepper. Arrange crab cakes on a serving platter with Dijonnaise on the side. Garnish platter with remaining lemon half.
To freeze, after coating the crab and shrimp cakes with bread crumbs, add to an airtight container between layers of parchment. To cook, coat tops with cooking spray and bake in a 425°F oven for 15–20 min.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- December 2020
- Guiding Stars
- Lactose Free
- Calories 175kcal 9%
- Fat 9.0g 14%
- Saturated fat 2.0g 10%
- Carbs 11.0g 4%
- Sodium 599mg 25%
- 1.0g sugar
- 1.0g fiber
- 11.0g protein
- 74mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?