Frozen spinach and gnocchi are transformed into an easy, elegant 5-ingredient vegetarian dinner.
- 1 (20 oz) pkg frozen potato gnocchi
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup half & half
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, cut up and room temperature
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Add the gnocchi and cook according to package directions. Add the spinach 1 min. before gnocchi is done cooking, then drain well together.
- Transfer gnocchi and spinach mixture to an 8x8-inch baking dish. Pour half & half on top. Season with salt and pepper. Stir together, then spread in an even layer. Dot with the cream cheese. Top with the mozzarella.
- Bake 18–20 min., until mozzarella is melty and bubbly. Season with pepper to taste.
For extra color, broil briefly until cheese on top browns.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- December 2020
- Guiding Stars
- Take 5: Five Ingredient Recipes Cookbook
- 5 ingredients