In this guilt-free twist on a bar menu classic, spicy shrimp and tangy blue cheese are paired with strands of roasted squash for a nutritious and delicious sheet pan dinner.
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb raw peeled, deveined large shrimp
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced on an angle
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. With a very sharp chef’s knife, cut each squash in half lengthwise. With spoon, scrape out and discard seeds.
- Brush the cut sides of squash with 2 tbsp oil and place cut-sides down on prepared pan. Poke holes in squash peel. Roast 20 min.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp, carrots, and celery with remaining 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter shrimp on pan around squash. Roast 15 min., until shrimp are cooked through. Remove from oven and turn the squash cut-sides up to cool slightly.
- While squash cools, in a large bowl, stir together the hot sauce and cider vinegar. Add shrimp and vegetables. Toss to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- With a fork, scrape squash from peel to separate strands. Divide shrimp mixture among squash. Garnish with the blue cheese and green onions.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Egg Free