The convenience of canned chickpeas and frozen riced cauliflower and broccoli makes these veggie burgers easy to throw together anytime.
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium chick peas, drained and rinsed, divided
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen riced cauliflower and broccoli , thawed and drained well
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Lettuce, tomato slices, ketchup, red onion slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. To the bowl of a food processor, add the egg, parsley, paprika, onion powder, and half of the chickpeas. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until very well combined and chickpeas are finely chopped, stopping and stirring occasionally.
- To food processor, add the riced vegetables and flour. Pulse until mixed. Add remaining chickpeas and pulse until combined but still somewhat chunky, stopping and stirring as needed. Divide into 4 mounds and mold each into ½-inch-thick patty, packing mixture together tightly.
- In a 12-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add burgers (in batches, if necessary) and cook 2–4 min. per side, until golden brown.
- Place skillet in oven and bake 8–10 min., until hot in centers. Serve burgers on the buns. Top with garnishes, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- plant powered
- Nut Free
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Lactose Free