Whole-grain rotini and earthy baby bella mushrooms join forces in this better-for-you vegetarian pasta dinner that clocks in under 20 minutes.
- 12 oz whole-grain rotini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (16 oz) pkg sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup dry Marsala wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Cook the rotini according to package directions, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid before draining.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the mushrooms. Season with salt. Cook 6–7 min., until mushrooms begin to soften and release liquid, stirring occasionally.
- To skillet, add the garlic and cook 1 min., until golden, stirring constantly. Add the Marsala and broth, stirring up any browned bits. Heat to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook 3–5 min., until reduced.
- Toss mixture with cooked rotini, adding reserved cooking liquid ¼ cup at a time, as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the parsley.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- super fast
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free