With French country flavors, this healthy soup is finished with a simple herb pesto that adds a fresh finish.
- 6 oz Light ’n Fluffy® extra wide egg noodles
- ⅓ cup olive oil, divided
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced and divided
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until starts to brown; transfer to plate.
- Stir in onion, fennel, red pepper, thyme, 2 tsp garlic and herbs de Provence; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Stir in broth and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add back in chicken. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in noodles, green beans, tomatoes and mustard and cook for 10 minutes or until noodles and veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through. Stir in lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, stir together parsley, basil, chives, remaining each oil and garlic.
- Just before serving drizzle soup with herb mixture.
Substitute basil with tarragon if desired.
Recipe provided by Light 'n Fluffy
- Calories 320kcal 16%
- Fat 15.0g 23%
- Saturated fat 3.0g 15%
- Carbs 29.0g 10%
- Sodium 920mg 38%
- 6.0g sugar
- 4.0g fiber
- 17.0g protein
- 70mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?