Accented with aromatic shallots and leeks, this velvety cream soup is bright and balanced.
- 6 oz Light ‘n Fluffy® dumplings
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- ½ lb sliced mushrooms
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced (white and light parts only)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups 35% heavy cream
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Heat butter in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown; remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan, cook mushrooms, salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until start to brown. Stir in shallots, leeks, garlic and thyme. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until start to soften.
- Add chicken back in. Stir in broth and cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Stir in noodles; cook for 8 minutes. Stir in peas and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Garnish with chives.
Use brown, white or a medley of sliced mushrooms.
Recipe provided by Light ‘n Fluffy