With a combination of frozen foods and pantry ingredients, this affordable vegetarian dinner is as easy as it is delicious.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen crinkle-cut carrots, thawed
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato puree
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth base
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- ½ loaf French or Italian bread, for serving
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium. Add the onion and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 8–10 min., until onion begins to soften, stirring often.
- To pot, add the tomato purée and water. Heat to a simmer on high. Stir in the broth base until dissolved.
- Add the chickpeas and green beans. Cook 5–10 min., until hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the bread.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- From Freezer to Table Cookbook
- Budget Friendly
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meal
- February March 2021
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free