Grated beets add earthiness and sweetness to ground beef and fragrant rosemary in this delicious pasta dinner.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 large fresh beet (about 1 lb)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Before draining, reserve ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, peel the beets and coarsely grate on largest holes of a box grater.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the beef. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 7–8 min., until browned, breaking up with back of spoon. With slotted spoon, transfer beef to a bowl.
- To skillet, add the garlic, onion, beets, and rosemary. Season with salt. Cook 10–15 min., until onions are tender, stirring often. Add browned beef and reserved pasta cooking liquid. Cook 2 min. Divide spaghetti among 6 bowls. Top with beef mixture. Garnish with the Parmesan.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- February March 2021
- Egg Free