Creamy protein-packed yogurt lets you cut down on the amount of mayo needed while finely chopped veggies add loads of nutrients to this better-for-you take on a lunchtime classic.
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 1 small red pepper, seeded
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 (5 oz) cans solid white albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 8 thin sliced whole -grain bread
- Lettuce and tomato slices, to garnish (optional)
- Roughly chop the celery, carrot, and bell pepper. Add to a food processor and pulse until just finely chopped, being careful not to over-pulse, stopping and stirring occasionally. Drain the veggies through a fine-mesh sieve to remove excess liquid.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a medium bowl, along with the yogurt, lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, and ¼ tsp salt. Stir to combine. Fold in the tuna.
- Top 4 bread slices with tuna mixture, lettuce, and tomato (if using). Top with remaining 4 slices of bread.
This recipe is
- Fifteen Minutes
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- February March 2021
- 15 Minutes