Time-savers like frozen onions, peppers, and brown rice help get this delicious dinner on your table in just 15 minutes. Spice things up with a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions, thawed
- 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen mixed pepper strips, thawed
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Chorizo Chicken Sausage
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen brown rice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet on medium-high. Drain liquid from the onions and peppers. Add to skillet and season with salt. Cook until slightly browned, 6–8 min., stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the chicken sausage. Once onion mixture is browned, stir in the sausage, black beans, and chili powder. Cook 3–4 min., until sausage and beans are hot, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice according to package directions. Toss bean mixture with rice. Divide among 4 bowls. Garnish with the cilantro.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- Nut Free
- From Freezer to Table Cookbook
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Guiding Stars
- February March 2021
- 15 Minutes
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free