Ham and cheese take on a new form in this kid-friendly soup that clocks in under 20 minutes with the help of veggies and pasta from the freezer.
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 (19 oz) pkg frozen cheese tortellini
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen crinkle-cut carrots, thawed
- 1 cup cubed ham steak
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, heat the broth, water, and thyme to a boil on high.
- To pot, add the tortellini, carrots, ham, and peas. Cover pot and return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 3–5 min., until tortellini start to float and are cooked through. Stir in the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat. Serve topped with the Parmesan cheese.
This recipe is
- Fifteen Minutes
- Nut Free
- From Freezer to Table Cookbook
- February March 2021
- 15 Minutes