A frozen pie crust and deli ham make this cheesy quiche a breeze to make. Served at room temperature or straight from the oven, this quiche will feed a crowd for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 oz Gruyère or Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ lb thin slices deli ham
- 2 green onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 frozen deep dish 9-inch pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On a box grater, grate the zucchini and cheese. Stack the slices of ham and thinly slice into ribbons. Thinly slice the green onions on an angle, separating light/white parts from darker green parts.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the garlic and darker green onions. Cook 1–2 min., until golden, stirring often. Add the zucchini and season with pinch of salt. Cook 3–4 min., until zucchini has released some of its liquid and liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and ½ tsp salt. Season with pepper. Fold in zucchini, ham, and half of cheese until well combined. Transfer to the pie crust. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake 35–40 min., until set in center. Let stand at room temperature at least 10 min. or up to 2 hours. Garnish with light/white green onions before serving.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- February March 2021