- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 8 oz red or green candied cherries, chopped
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, butter, almond extract, vanilla and eggs. Beat uniformly combined. Then add all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well. Add almonds & chopped candied green and red cherries.
- Gently knead 2 to 3 minutes or until dough holds together.
- Cut in two and shape each half into 10×3-inch rectangle with rounded corners.
- Bake at 350 F about 25 minutes or until the center of the dough is firm to the touch.
- Cool for 15 minutes, bias-cut with a serrated knife into ½-inch slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp light browned.
- Cool completely. Top with glaze or other decorations as desired.
- For glaze: Add all ingredients and mix until reach desired consistency, add more water if necessary.
Recipe Provided by Paradise Fruit Company
- Calories 134kcal 7%
- Fat 4.0g 6%
- Saturated fat 1.7g 8%
- Carbs 22.5g 7%
- Sodium 31mg 1%
- 13.1g sugar
- 0.7g fiber
- 2.1g protein
- 17mg cholesterol