Store-bought fruit salsa is an easy dinner shortcut for bold flavor in this fast but nutritious seafood recipe featuring lean protein and fiber-filled quinoa.
- 1 ½ cups uncooked tri-colored quinoa
- 5 radishes
- 1 cup fresh mango salsa
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp chili powder
- In a medium pot, cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, trim and thinly slice the radishes and add to a large bowl along with the mango salsa and lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the chili powder. Season with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to skillet in single layer and cook 1–2 min. per side, until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- With fork, fluff cooked quinoa and divide among 4 bowls. Top with shrimp and mango salsa mixture.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- April 2021
- Guiding Stars
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free