This 5-ingredient steak dinner is ready in just 15 minutes thanks to precooked grains and microwave-steamed veggies.
- 2 medium broccoli crowns
- 2 (12 oz each) boneless NY strip
- 1 (8.8 oz) pkg precooked Nature's Promise® Ancient Grains and Brown rice with Garlic Essence
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup poppy seed dressing, divided
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets, about 4 cups. Add to a large microwave-safe bowl along with ¼ cup water. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 3–4 min., until tender. Cool slightly and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a greased grill pan on high. Pat the steaks dry and season with salt and pepper. Cook 3–4 min. per side for medium, or until desired doneness. Let stand 5 min.
- Microwave the rice according to package directions. In a medium bowl, toss together the broccoli, rice, onion, and ¼ cup dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving platter. Thinly slice steak and serve atop broccoli-grain salad. Drizzle with remaining ¼ cup dressing.
To temper the bite of raw onion, soak chopped onion in cold water 5 min., then strain and rinse. Pat dry with paper towels before using.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- Wheat Free
- April 2021
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- 15 Minutes
- Lactose Free
- 5 ingredients