For lunch on the go, make these protein-packed sandwiches that will keep you energized for miles of hiking.
- 1 loaf whole wheat French or Italian bread
- ½ cup roasted red pepper hummus
- ¾ lb lower sodium deli turkey slices
- ¼ cup honey mustard
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices Muenster cheese
- Cut open the bread lengthwise and remove some of bread insides (reserving for another use, like bread crumbs). Spread the hummus on top and bottom bread slices.
- On bottom half of bread, layer the turkey on top of hummus. Spread with the mustard and top with the cucumber slices. Season cucumber with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cheese and top of bread, pressing down. Cut into 4 sandwiches. Wrap each tightly in plastic and serve within 2 hours or refrigerate up to overnight.
For some kick, add a drizzle of sriracha.
This recipe is
- Fifteen Minutes
- Nut Free
- May 2021
- 15 Minutes
- Calories 610kcal 31%
- Fat 16.6g 26%
- Saturated fat 7.8g 39%
- Carbs 69.6g 23%
- Sodium 1616mg 67%
- 9.9g sugar
- 3.9g fiber
- 41.3g protein
- 36mg cholesterol