Hearty whole grains like fiber-packed farro work well in make-ahead salad recipes like this one that’s great for a picnic, backyard barbecue, or even a light lunch to take to work.
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ cups pearled farro
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 (8 oz) bag stringless sugar snap peas, thinly sliced on an angle
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- In a medium pot, heat the water to a boil on medium high. Add the farro, bring to a simmer, and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 15–20 min., until farro is cooked through, and drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, tarragon, and honey. Season with salt to taste.
- Add farro to bowl with dressing, tossing until well coated. To bowl, add the snap peas and almonds. Toss to combine. Add the goat cheese and gently toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For extra nutty crunch, toast the almonds in a dry skillet until browned, then cool completely.
This recipe is
- guiding star
- May 2021
- Egg Free